I believe the amount of physical activity required in this training is starting to catch up to me! Thursday night I was in bed before 9:00pm and on Friday night, I fell asleep watching Valkyrie (a good movie, according to Travis, who was able to stay conscious) at 9:20pm. Talk about an exciting Friday night! :)
Well, last Sunday's 11 miler was great. I was dreading it due to the ridiculous cold, but it turned out to be nice to run outside again, and felt great to have it done afterward. I woke up at 6:45ish and piled on the clothes: tall socks, running tights, another pair of workout pants, workout tank top, long-sleeved running top, long-sleeved zip up Nike jacket, fleece coat, fleece headband, and stocking cap. I picked up my friend Lauren, and we headed out to a running club that meets at 8am. When we arrived, no others were in attendance, so we decided to have our own running club that day. When we set out it was a cool 4 degrees, upon return, it had warmed to 12, although the feels like temp was 6. There was ice in my hair, frost on my coat, and wind in my face. You can check out the details and the awesome information from Garmin Connect.
Later this week, I set my watch on the Virtual Partner setting (you set your "partner" to a pace, such as 9:15 minute/miles, and it shows you and the partner running and how far you are ahead/behind). Talk about motivating! I pushed myself to beat my "partner" and love this setting!
Tomorrow I am off on 12 miles. Lauren is out of town so I'll be running alone, but with my virtual "partner" of course. Snow is melting away, and tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day, so it should be a great run! I'll update with my awesome Garmin stats!
That garmin connect thing is amazing!! Can I watch you live on that during the actual marathon?!
ReplyDeleteSorry I called during your run! I hope it's going well!
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love the Garmin Connect business. I'm checking out your splits - not bad for such a chilly day. And, I know that you were pretending that your virtual partner was me. Except try to run with me, Laur. :)
Also, you didn't tell me that you and Lauren had to start your own club last week! Although, I'm not surprised. FREEZING.
Thanks for your comments. :)
ReplyDeleteGina - No, unfortunately you cannot watch me live, however, there will be text updates (as there was for the KC half this fall) and I will be sure to make you sign up. I will also sync my watch following the race, so you can see that amazing info too.
Jess - Um, my goal is to kick my VP's @ss. :) Name on VP pending, I'm contemplating Vessica or Vivian. I'm also taking suggestions. And yes, we will be trying the club again this Sunday, perhaps with a better turnout.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete#ow @bou+ Vond@? +#@+'$ wh@+ we (@nd by we, I me@n I) c@ll D@v!d'$ c@r...get !+, Vond@ +#e #ond@.
ReplyDeleteOr m@ybe C@rmen +#e G@rm!n?
Do you need a translation?
No translation necessary. And I have decided to go with Vivian the Virtual Partner. :)
ReplyDeletelame.
ReplyDelete