9.25.2013

Post Mudder Virtual Coffee Date

If we were having coffee today, I would tell you that...


  • I miss my Kansas City friends!! T and I went to visit over the weekend and the trip included such fabulous things as: bridesmaid dress shopping, lunch at Nordstroms, Mumford & Sons concert, a cross country meet, lunch with the nicest human being alive, a nap, a little Plaza Art Fair and Grand Street Cafe for dinner, a lot of Tough Mudder action (more on that to come), and some delicious new KC mexican food, including margaritas! I miss my friends!! :( The good news is, we have some coming to visit mid-October, and another coming end of October. Still, I can't get enough of them.
  • I am sore, bruised, and battered. Tough Mudder was tough. 11 miles, 21 obstacles, and 3 hours. Lauren and I stay together the whole way, and in a strange way, we enjoyed ourselves. The obstacles are hard and scary. We both bled at least once. Evidence below. Lauren scraped her forearm pretty bad. Everyone asks, "Would you do it again?" If someone in my life (i.e. Jess) really wanted to do it, I would do it with them (her). It's not like a race where you better your time or get better, you just do it and finish. So I feel pretty accomplished, but it's about the experience, so I would consider doing it with someone else. You pretty much have to be crazy to do this, it hurts, it's just a matter of how much you want to hurt. :)
  • Avery is healing from her minor injury. She cut her leg open this weekend, being a BA. She was scales walls and stuff. Well, I took her to the vet yesterday, and it was deep enough that they had to put her under and stitch it up. She's enjoy her cone head existence. Not actually, I feel bad for her and she's running in to everything. :(
  • I am going to kill my half marathon this weekend. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment