12.11.2009

B is for Booyah!

And here are some booyah people in my life: Katie Magee (fellow Olathe School Psychologist), Pamela Civins (Executive Director of BPE), and Julie Bailiff (Tomahawk treasure and School Social Worker)! Their donations have been generous and greatly appreciated! :)

In running news, I am sad. :( Although I have been told to "stay positive!" My shin (right shin to be particular) has been hurting off and on since my half marathon in October. I have done my best to give it rest, ice and ibuprofen, but the problem always returns. :( Well, it got to the point this week where I was incredibly frustrated that I couldn't be running as frequently as I would like. I did end up calling my trusty (and amazing) marathon coach: Rick Muhr - he ran across the entire state of Massachusetts, people! He encouraged me to follow this method: R-rest, I-ice, C-compression, E-elevation. So, I am running tomorrow for the first time since Sunday, I have been icing at least once a day (attempting twice), I bought an ACE bandage and have been wrapping daily, and have been sitting at my desk all week with my leg elevated (which has made for some interesting conversations). Most importantly, Coach Rick told me to "stay positive" which has been the most difficult for me. So... I certainly could use some encouragement right now! I just want to be running! I will let you know how I am feeling next update!

In case you don't already know, I am working an extra job to donate money to the marathon funds! :) That extra job is bartending at the Sprint Center (the big venue for concerts and sports games in KC). Last night was my second shift and it was the KISS concert! It was very busy and KISS played for a very long time. All in all, the money raised made the night worth it. I am working a basketball game there tomorrow, and hoping to make some more cash for kids! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your first run post RICE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Encouragement: You rock! =)

    Certainly hope your shins feel better, but definitely give it a rest as long as it needs!

    ReplyDelete