12.24.2009

C is for... Champions (and Christmas)!!

Tomorrow is Christmas!

A lot has happened since I last posted! David & Gina arrived Saturday, and sadly, they left this morning. :( We had a grand time, and completed all of the items on our to do/see list... including WIN TRIVIA! :) Every Tuesday since July we attend Trivia at the Flying Saucer. Prior to this week, the crown of trivia champions had eluded us. This week... we WON! It was amazing and spectacular. We now will be back next Tuesday with a $50 gift certificate!

A few more highlights of their time in KC: eating at Oklahoma Joes (a-m-a-z-i-n-g barbeque, amazing, inside of a gas station - also one of the 13 places to eat before you die), visiting the Nelson-Atkins meseum, Firelies, enjoying a delicious and and entertaining meal at Classic Cup. Here are some pictures of our time together.

Shuttlecock at Nelson-Atkins



Receiving my Gluten-Free cookbook from Gina and David - I'm Gluten Free now, in case you didn't know

Rice and Pollen art in the Nelson-Atkins (gluten free - I could eat it all!)

Toy trains at Union Station - drive in theatre

Ice skating

Liberty Memorial - Union Station in the background

We won!

I have also done a lot of running since I last posted (all up hill, right Gina?). Saturday morning Lauren and I ran with the running group Personal Best down in Overland Park. We hit the road running at 6:30 AM. It was barely light by time we finished 8 miles, but we felt very accomplished! I ran twice while David and Gina were here. They were encouraging and wished me luck, but Gina was recovering from illness and unable to endure the cold. This morning, we dropped them off for their flight at 5:00 AM. I was on the road by 5:45, and completed 9 miles before 7:15 AM!

As I sit inside, bundled up, it feels awesome to know I have my long run done! It is currently freezing rain and will begin snowing shortly, just in time for Christmas! Sadly, our Florida guests are back in the warm weather for the holiday, but we are spending Christmas with our fabulous neighbors, Rob & Judith. It is sure to be an abundance of food and celebrations.

Have a very Merry Christmas!!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics.

    You've been running sooooo early - you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH yeah, almost forgot - next time we're in KC I want Oklahoma Joes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, new layout. What do you think?

    And yes Jess, Okie Joes for SURE!! You could probably order a whole cow on a bun. :)

    ReplyDelete